Monday, July 31, 2006

 

Still youthful!

This type of thing happened a few times my first year hear, but hadn't happened recently. Last week I needed to get a copy of a research paper from the library. It was only available on microfilm, and since I hadn't used the library's microfilm readers before, I asked a librarian for help. She started by telling me, "First you have to insert your student ID. It costs to print, though. Do you have any money on your student account?"

I had to break the news to her that I was a faculty member, not a student, and that I consequently unfortunately had no account connected with my ID card. It felt so awful. ;-)

In other news, I also realized last week that in less than two months, I will officially be in my "late 30's". [boggle]

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?