Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Looming semester

Classes for the Fall semester start next week... so my blog publishing rate might decrease substantially. We'll see.

I'm teaching the following:

Advanced Electrodynamics - the second semester of the upper-level (junior/senior) class on electricity and magnetism. I've only got three students enrolled in the class. I've taught the course before. Should be fun.

Electronics, with associated lab - a junior level electronics class. I've taught about half the course content before, in the prior iteration of the class. But we added a sophomore "Circuits" class, which covered about half of the previous electronics class. So this one will cover the second half of the previous electronics class, plus half a semester of new stuff. Hopefully that was comprehensible. The new stuff, unfortunately, will be mainly dealing with microprocessors--something that I've never taught before, and don't have any experience with myself. So it'll be a challenge, and is the primary reason why I'm dreading the coming semester a bit.

Physics 103 Lab - Lab section for the "Fundamental Physics" class. Tends to be mainly biology/pre-med type students. I've taught it a couple of times before, and have even written a lab manual. I revised a couple of labs in the lab manual a few weeks ago, based on student comments from last time around. Got about 28 students in my lab section, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?