Friday, November 17, 2006

 

Mrs. Who's quote

I just finished reading A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L'Engle, with Leslie and Emily. It was as enjoyable as when I was a kid! I was surprised at how overtly Christian the book was; I hadn't noticed that when I was a kid. That's kind of like Where the Red Fern Grows--when I re-read that a couple of years ago, I was amazed that the book includes a number of religious scenes, including one where the the boy (Billy) prays and receives an answer to his prayer. They don't really make children's books like that any more.

Anyway, here's a quote from Mrs. Who at the end, straight from the Bible (but unattributed).

"The foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen."

1 Cor 1:25-28

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?