Monday, December 04, 2006

 

A cappella Christmas music

My dad sent me this link last week, and I've been listening to it for several days now. Good stuff! It's basically a free internet radio station that plays a cappella Christmas music 24/7.

http://www.totallyacappella.com

Make sure you have "pop-ups" enabled, then click on the top middle link that says, "Click here to listen to Acappella Christmas". It'll then take you to another website, and open up a window with a music player.

I've found several albums that I now want to buy (which is partially the point of this free service, I imagine). My favorite songs so far have been:

(group, track, album)

Acappella, Joy To The World, Acappella Carols
Acappella, Merry Christmas, Acappella Christmas
Acappella, There Were Angels, Family Christmas
Four Shadow, Ave Maria, Flake
Four Shadow, O Come O Come Emmanuel, Flake
Four Shadow, Rudolph The Red-Nose Reindeer, Flake
Garment Of Praise, Good News, The Wonderous Gift Is Given
Gas House Gang, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, Some Children See Him...
Glad, All Praise To You, Voices Of Christmas
Larry Mayfield & Singers, Mary's Boy Child, 20 A Capella Christmas Carols
Rescue, Go Tell It On The Mountain, The First Christmas
Rescue, Mary Did You Know, The First Christmas
Rockapella, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, Rockapella Christmas
Rockapella, Mr Grinch, Rockapella Christmas
Schola Cantorum, Hark I Hear The Harps Eternal, Reflections Of Grace
The Persuasions, The Jesus Song, You're All I Want For Christmas
This Hope, Away In A Manger/Silent Night, A Capella Christmas
This Hope, Come Thou Long Expected Jesus, A Capella Christmas
This Hope, Go Tell It, A Cappella Christmas
This Hope, Mary Did You Know, A Capella Christmas
Various Quartets, Born In Bethlehem, To Live As Friends


That list excludes songs on albums I already own; e.g. Rockapella's "Comfort and Joy".

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?