Monday, March 24, 2008

 

A cappella madness

Last week was an a cappella week for us. Check it out:

1. I was assigned several CDs to review for RARB. None has arrived yet, but I expect some soon!

2. On Thursday night, Pauline and I went to the Vocal Point concert. They were *very* good! It was a fun show. Of course, we were sitting pretty high up in the balcony, but that leads me to the next point...

3. On Saturday afternoon, all four of us went to the "A Cappella Jam". We went to the one last fall as well; see this entry from Dec 10, so I guess it's become a family tradition. And for $4 tickets, it's hard to beat! It's a show where a bunch of different a cappella groups from BYU perform: the well-known groups Vocal Point and Noteworthy, of course, but another ~8 groups as well. The cool thing is that seats are not assigned by your ticket, so if you get there early enough (we did!), you can get the best seats in the house. It was a lot of fun.

4. On Saturday morning, I had my first concert with the Utah Baroque Ensemble. We sang three songs for an Easter conference at BYU. Coincidentally, it was in the exact same room as the A Cappella Jam later that day, the Joseph Smith Building Auditorium. They were taping the conference for re-broadcast on Easter, but Pauline and I watched the re-broadcast and didn't ever see the UBE.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?