Tuesday, March 25, 2008

 

Staying young? Maybe not.

I've posted a few stories where people have mistaken me for being much younger than I am. So I decided in the interest of full disclosure, I should include this event that happened today:

I was talking to another new faculty member this morning. She was hired the same time I was, but this is her first faculty position (and she likely didn't go on a mission) so she is several years younger than I am. While we were talking, someone came up to her and asked her what her major was. She calmly told the person, "I'm not a student, I'm a faculty member in the Physics Department." She then turned to me and said, "That's happened to me a LOT of times!" I said, "Yeah, it's happened several times to me as well." To that, she replied in all seriousness, "No! Surely not to YOU?!"

:-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?