Saturday, May 10, 2008

 

Jazz playoff game

I got to go to the Jazz-Laker playoff game yesterday (thanks, Dad!). I brought my camera and took a bunch of pictures. The ones of the game itself mostly didn't turn out too great, but I took a lot of things like the Bear, David Archuleta, and the other non-game entertainment events. Leslie and Emily love both the Bear and David A. In a platonic sort of way, I think.

Click on the pictures to get a larger version.


Here are the Jazz players warming up.


David Archuleta! The arena went wild. He was followed everywhere by about 10 cameras. Poor kid.


Jazz players watching David sing the Star Spangled Banner.


I'm not sure what the dark spot in the center of the Jumbotron is. Probably I snapped the shot right as it was changing pictures.


A nice shot of the Energy Solutions Arena. For those of you who haven't been there, I think you can get a sense of how cavernous the place is. And you can only see a small fraction of the upper bowl seating.


OK, I'll admit it--I had to take some shots of the Jazz Dancers.


The Bear & friends had a fun time doing trampoline dunks.


This guy was completely horizontal as he dunked it. It was really cool.


During one of the timeouts, a tower suddenly grew out of nowhere. The Bear was on top as it grew and grew.


When it got all the way up, the Bear held up an "On Your Feet" sign. Too bad that my zoomed out photo didn't turn out well; you can't really see how amazingly tall that thing was.


The halftime act was a lady on a unicycle that tossed bowls with her leg and caught them on her head. I had seen the act before, but it was still impressive. Here you can see she has already caught a bunch on her head (probably 6) and is about to catch four more that are simultaneously in the air.


During a 3rd quarter time-out, the Bear came out on stilts, climbed a tall stepladder and held up an "On Your Feet!" sign.


This was cool. They shot t-shirts out machine-gun style from a compressed air powered cannon. They started the thing spinning, let loose the compressed air, and had about 12 shirts in the air all at once.


An obnoxious Laker fan a couple of rows ahead of me. He pranced around every time the Lakers did anything good.


Last game I was at, this sign said, "If Your A Jazz Fan Yell!" I was embarrassed for them; glad they got the spelling right this time.


Towards the very end, the Bear came out in Scottish battle garb. That was pretty unexpected and got the crowd going.


Final score--Jazz win!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?