Monday, May 19, 2008

 

New Laptop, and Skype

I finally buckled down and picked out a laptop for myself on BYU's dollar (part of my start-up agreement).

This is the one I chose:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=207715
(Gee, price went up $50 since last week.)

I have to admit, I like this HP quite a bit! The determining factor was the keyboard--I tested out 30 or so different laptops last week, and this is the one whose keyboard I liked most. Or the keyboard I disliked least, as the case may be.

I was a bit worried that I would hate Vista, but I've spent the last couple of days getting rid of all of the things I hated the most. Now it's really not too bad at all.

The laptop has a built-in webcam, so I signed up for a Skype account. If any of you out there use Skype, give me a call! My username seems to be "John S. Colton". Obviously you'll only be able to reach me when my laptop is turned on. And connected to the internet. I just did a couple of video calls with my dad and my sister Marci, and they were kind of fun!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?