Sunday, July 20, 2008

 

Summer activities - pictures!

Time to catch up on some of our summer activities. I'll have to do this in sections.

Part 1: Lagoon

Back in June I took a day off of work and took the girls (minus Pauline) to Lagoon, the amusement park about an hour away.

Leslie was tall enough to go on every single ride--by herself, even. She kept on saying things like, "Wow, I can't believe I can go on every single ride! If you left me here by myself, I could go on rides all day!"

Emily was tall enough to do all but a couple of rides. Many of them required an adult to go with her, but some did not. Here's one she went on by herself: the Bat roller coaster. (I opted out of this one, due to a bout of motion sickness induced by a previous ride.)I was amazed--Leslie and Emily did every single scary ride they were allowed to go on. They set the stage early, by going on Wicked right off the bat...despite a couple of tense moments in line where each of them had second and third thoughts.

(This is not us.)

Here we are, just after going on the Spider.
Leslie went on the "real" version of this, called the Rocket, but Emily was too little. So the two of them went on the small version together.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?