Thursday, August 21, 2008

 

New addition to the family

I embarrassingly backed into a lamp post a little over a month ago...with my bike attached to the carrier on the back of the car. :-(

Always being one to look on the bright side of life (cue Monty Python), I decided to take the opportunity to get myself a nice bike. I spent about 3 weeks test riding bikes at bike shops all around the county... and concluded that the ones I liked were out of my price range. So I decided that rather than getting a less expensive one that I didn't like as much, I would get a used bike that fulfilled my every desire. :-) I shopped ebay for a week or two, and bid on a few bikes before finally winning an auction.

But the bike I ended up with is pretty sweet! :-) :-)

I haven't taken any pictures myself yet, so here are a few pictures I snagged from the ebay listing.














It's a 5 year old bike. Here are the specs:
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2003&Brand=Fuji&Model=Team+Super+Lite&Type=bike

I figure if I ride to work every day for two years, I'll pay for the bike with the gas money I'll save. :-) Plus I'll be healthier! (I expect it will likely take me a bit longer than that, though, since I likely won't ride in the rain or snow.)

Now, all I need is a good name for the bike. Any suggestions?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?