Saturday, June 13, 2009

 

All of Bach's organ music - for free!

How's this for a find?
http://www.blockmrecords.org/bach/catalog.php?scope=recorded

They are performed by Dr. James Kibbie, an organ professor at University of Michigan. The recordings are of high quality, both in terms of musicality and recording, done on 18th Century pipe organs in Germany.

The downside: it is a bit of a hassle to have to download each track individually, and I wasn't happy with either of the two formats offered. But, I just got finished downloading them, transcoding the high-quality AAC files into still-fairly-high-quality VBR mp3s, renaming the files so they include the title as well as the BMV number, and sticking mp3 tags on them. At 257 files, approx 13 hours of music, they are now the largest "album" in my mp3 collection, and will almost certainly stay that way for eternity. :-)

If anyone wants to download them as a zipped file from me, saving yourself the whole downloading & tagging hassle, let me know and I can help you out. (Hopefully that's legal.) Just send me an email.

Comments:
I've love them, John! You know my email.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?