Thursday, December 10, 2009

 

Nice student comments

Every class period I make the Physics 105 students fill out a pre-class quiz on the computer before coming to class. In addition to asking them questions about the reading assignment, I have a spot for open ended comments: "Any other comments?" Today, the last day of class, I was pleasantly surprised to see the majority of the comments, from students who had left comments, were unsolicited compliments about how the semester had gone in our class. Here they are, recorded now for posterity.

---

Go physics go physics go! Go physics go physics go!

Thanks for a great semester, Dr. Colton!

Thank you for being an amazing teacher! Go Lakers :)

Thanks for teaching a great class!!! I will miss you next semester!

Thanks for the semester!

Thanks for being such a great teacher. I have never loved Physics as much as I have in this class. Thank you.

Thanks for teaching us this semester Dr. Colton! You rock!

Thanks Dr. Colton! You're a great teacher. My only regret is that you're not teaching 106.

Thanks for all the answers and demos, they were a lot of fun.

:)

Great class, learned alot! Thanks Dr. Colton!

Dr. Colton thank you for being my best physics teacher ever. You are a great professor and I owe you everything that I know about physics. I feel you really care for the students and their success and you are awesome at explaining difficult concepts. Keep up the good work!

I really had a very hard time in this class and I believe I am not going to get the grade I was at least hoping for, but oddly enough, I feel I have a much better understanding of physics now. Thank you.

I'm excited for the final. :)

Thanks for the great semester, difficult class but has been rewarding! Thanks!

This class wasn't half as crappy as I thought it was going to be, thanks for not being a super anal teacher that treats his students like dirty gum that's stuck on the bottom of your shoe.

I liked your class. Thanks for everything this semester!

You have been a great professor this semseter. Thanks for your hard work. You make BYU a great place to learn.

Thanks for everything that you have done in this course! I honestly felt that this class was the most organized class that I have been in at BYU. The organization has helped me learn and love physics, so thank you!

THANK YOU FOR TEACHING US THIS SEMESTER! :)

This was my first physics class ever and i loved it, thanks for the semester!

Thanks you so much. I have enjoyed your class.

last class! thank you, Dr. Colton! it's been fun; i've learned a ton!!

I enjoyed your class and your teaching style. Thank you for your efforts.

This is hard Dr. Colton. I'm gonna miss you man.

Thanks for the class it has been enjoyable

Thank you so much for all your efforts in teaching, you were wonderful!

Thanks for the semester Dr. Colton! You rock!

I've really enjoyed this class. :)

Thanks for everything. You were a great Teacher!

great class!

Last warm-up! Yay! Thanks for being a great teacher. you were completely fair in all your grading and taught me alot! I wish you were teaching physics 106!

Thankyou!

thanks, dr. colton!

Thanks for all you do Dr. Colton! This has been a great, challenging class.

Thanks for a great class!!!!!

Comments:
I hope you fail the Go Lakers kid...
 
Now I am wishing I had been given a chance to take a class from you. That would have been a fun (but tough, I'm sure) class.

Usually if the students are learning and having a good experience it means the teacher is loving his job, so I hope that is true for you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?