Saturday, December 12, 2009

 

The Sing-Off

I can't remember if I've blogged about this before, but BYU's all-women a cappella group, Noteworthy, was one of just 8 groups nationwide (college & pro) to be selected for NBC's "The Sing-Off" competition that starts on Monday. It should be exciting! Basically an American Idol-like competition for a cappella groups, but the whole season condensed into just about a week and a half.

Here's a very good article about the competition and the groups.
http://www.expressnightout.com/content/2009/12/the-sing-off-a-cappella-nbc.php

...and here's a preview of the opening number!

Comments:
That should be so much fun to watch...I am curious how the lead singer gets away with that hairstyle on campus...isn't there something about extreme hairstyles in the dress code?
 
I saw Noteworthy about 2 weeks ago and the lead singer's hairstyle wasn't nearly so "mohawk-y". (It was still bleached, though.) So, I suspect she made it up like that specially for the show in an attempt to make her look edgy. Failed attempt, in my own opinion (I think it just makes her look foolish.)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?