Wednesday, December 08, 2010

 

It's been a while...

Our department colloquium was given by a person from Energy Solutions. In the question/answer section at the end, I asked him if his company hired any physicists (bachelor's or graduate degrees), because I figured many of the students in attendance might be curious.

He began his answer to me by saying, "Well, when you get your degree..."

I let him finish the sentence, then said, "Actually, I'm a faculty member." He turned bright red.

:-)

Comments:
Oh Yeah? When I was talking to a lady in the bookstore she mentioned her 8 year old twins. I asked about her other children and she mentioned grandchildren. I said "oh, you are a grandma too?"
she took that to mean that _I_ was also a grandma. So there!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?